Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Is it Friday yet?


Is it Friday yet?
There are 2 of us in work today! So and so is on vacation (almost everyone) and so and so decided yesterday to work from home today - I guess the excitement here was just too much for him. But thats ok - work is work, even when there is none to do! HEY someone has to check the mailbox right!

The kids are all doing well. In fact our little Abby put HERSELF to bed last night! She looked at me and said " ahhh MAMMA, aren't I supposed to be going to bed!?!?!" (said in the ONLY way that Abby can say it!) So I told her to hop upstairs and i'd be right up to tuck her in - and when i got up there, she was sound asleep! She must have had a really fun day of playing. She and Geoff made the most delicous brownies with her new baking pan set. Aidan had a late nap and actually fell asleep at the door to our/his room with this blanket and his doggie. Allen put him in his bed and he slept and slept and slept which only means one thing - he was up late!
Mike was at hockey, Geoff was at Gordy's (and then came home to clean his room so he could play PS2) and Abby was asleep and there was little Aidan-Pie playing trians on the floor - just as happy as a clam rolling the trains 'Nomas, Percy and Toby back and forth on a track that HE put together himself! When it was finally time for him to go to bed, he did it again - he fell asleep next to the door (we have a gate up) with his dog. Poor Mikey was in awe. He came downstairs and said "ahhhh - does anyone know that Aidan is alseep AT THE DOOR!!!" I told him just to leave him alone - and then I put him in his bed. He semi-woke up enough to tell me to rub his belly (something new I've been doing to calm him down and make him GO TO SLEEP!) and then to rub his head....as his eyes were closing... I think he is FINALLY getting the idea of staying in his bed (well, other than camping out at the door that is!)

When Abby got up this morning she was quite impressed with herself! Since she "put herself to bed" she didnt put jammies on, so she was very happy to be ALL DRESSED to start her day! Maybe I should try that? it could save me time in the morning when having to get ready for work!!!!

Allen has a nasty cold - he reminds me of Dad - he doesnt get a cold that often but when he does WHAM he really gets one! Poor guy :( What a way to spend your days off huh? sick! but at least he's home with the babies - while I am SLAVING here at work!!! - oh which reminds me - IS IT FRIDAY YET?

"Perhaps the greatest social service that can be rendered by anybody to the country and to mankind is to bring up a family." - George Bernard Shaw



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog!