Sunday, September 07, 2008

Another day...

Ok - my word of the day is "cathartic." I never knew what it meant, but now I think I do...

It's the end of another day...and not to get too religious or anything, for some reason I just find myself saying Thank you God. I look around at what I have, even though times are tough "money wise" (no i am not preaching poor mouth) I just look at my babies and am thankful.
We had a good weekend. Aidan seems to be coming into his own and settling down and growing up. Abby is so beautiful (if I do say so myself!) and is so smart and has such a great personality...sometimes I get sad that she is growing up and I can't help but think about where the time has gone? And then there is little Drew Drew or Drew-ga or Goo Goo Bear (NOT to be confused with Goo Goo Brady - if you don't know what I am talking about, ask Ma). Today he hit a milestone...he drank Pear Juice out of a sippy cup! At first he played with it (it has handles) and tested it out and then he literally sucked down almost the whole thing!
Geoffrey was a huge help around the yard today...maybe he is finding himself too - lets hope he grows into even half that man that Allen is. Ahh and then there is Allen. As we speak his is sitting on the floor in between Abby and Andrew watching Kipper the Dog on the Sprout channel. After a long day at work (which I've grown to realize is more stressful than I imagined) he always has the energy for his children. Whether its driving Geoff to hockey, listening to Abby read, playing Spiderman with Aidan, talking nonsense with Andrew or trying my concoctions for dinner and not complaining...(tonight was steak tips in Montreal Steak seasoning and also a few steak strips in Bar-B-Q sauce)...

Well, like I said, we had a good weekend (aside from the itch marathon yesterday...). The kids had fun playing, whether it was Abby on her Jumpstart 2nd grade, Aidan and his transformers or Andrew and his...well...anything!

Tomorrow my little Aidan starts pre-school and although I'm thrilled for him I sit here and type with tears in my eyes to think that he is growing up too.

Well, I think that is enough for tonight...2 of the 3 need baths...and little man is hungry...so until my next post.... toodaloooo!

No comments: