Monday, February 16, 2009

Diggin' for GOLD....

The gold miners of however long ago have NOTHING on Aidan! The child is getting over a cold and I swear he will not let germs (namely buggies) live on him or IN him...
This is a phase (or at least I hope so) that he went through a while back, but with him turning 5 I could feel the tide changing...or so I thought. I let him know after COUNTLESS times of telling him (and him trying to sneak it while I'm not looking) that if he doesn't stop I'm going to put mittens on him..he replied "but I'm not cold.." Oh well, I guess there are worse things? are there? He does eventually use a tissue and he does use anti-germy stuff...pick (no pun intended) and choose my battles right?
Andrew still has a cold...his nose runs green and if you turn away for a minute, he is lapping it up by licking it off of his top lip...
Abby has managed to avoid the plague altogether...LUCKY!
Geoff is getting over his cold and even his Mono seems better...
Allen sneezed one too many times so he thinks he might be coming down with something?
Ahhh..and then me..the one who managed to escape the throw-up session last month...the one who has even escaped the blow-fest of this month...BUT...I was told on Saturday that I have what I believe only belongs on a roof...SHINGLES! I guess there is no test for it, so instead they go by symptoms. I do have the tell-tale headache, etc, but no spots (i refuse to call them leeeeesions..) on my body. The word shingles comes from the Greek (or Latin) word belt because the spots form along what looks like a belt on one side of the belly. Supposedly it doesn't cross the mid line...(a vertical equator...HA). As of yet, I'm FINE and just a little tired and still have the most annoying headache I've ever had...its just weird.

Well, enough about health.

What is the Aidan quote of the day? Well there are 2. One is "are you messin' with me? You're going DOWN!" (talking to the character on the video game...) the other is "spiderman is my LIFE!" when he thought that Abby bought him a spiderman poster. it very quickly changed to "I live for Bumblebee...HE is my life too!" when he found out the poster was of the transformer named Bumblebee.... The kid is priceless...

No comments: