Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Doesn't exist

Aidan is very much into what "exists" and what doesn't.
A couple of weeks ago there was a coyote next door to us and we only know that because we heard a shot (lovely huh) and found out that they had to shoot the animal. So Aidan came up to me, after we explained the noise) and said, "soooo coyotes DO exist!"

Throughout the day, he constantly asks when Abby is coming home or when I am going to pick her up. Keep in mind that he knows that she gets off the bus and we don't pick her up.

He just ran into the kitchen saying THE BUS IS HERE THE BUS IS HERE. Now i know its snowing out, but she's not home and there is no bus. I asked if he was fibbing and he said no. I let him know that Abby will not be home for many hours, to which he made a face (you know that face, head tilted, one eye shut and mouth all crooked) and said, "Are you saying my sister doesn't EXIST?!" The kid is hilarious. He then said, in his little high pitched voice, "Mama..(long pause) I was only kidding...", and laughed and laughed and laughed....

Exist is his word du jour...

No comments: